My Birth Box Essentials
Stripped back to the core essentials, this is what she needs. It’s useful, thoughtful and affordable. Winner.
- Ardo Gold nipple cream
- Deluxe TempleSpa toiletries
- Large Black briefs *3
- Lavender oil
- Templespa lip balm
- X Large maternity pads *10
- Lansinoh breast pads *24
- Cards to explain these products and offer some useful birthing tips
- All packaged in our beautiful cotton canvas tote bag
Why these products?
Ardo Gold nipple cream – SO important to soothe sore or cracked nipples. This lanolin lasts ages, fits easily in your nappy bag and is safe for baby to ingest, phew.
Deluxe TempleSpa toiletries – luxury products + post-birth shower = a very grateful new mum and we just love this brand. If it’s good enough for Harrods…
Lansinoh breast pads – we’ve shopped around, researched and tested and these are considered the best disposable ones on the market.
Large Black briefs *3 – large and comfy to make her feel secure and black for discretion. Trust us, she’ll thank you for them!
Lavender oil – recommended oil useful for all sorts; to burn/smell in early labour, massage to strengthen contractions, helps scar tissue healing for C-sections…
Templespa lip balm – rated as one of the top essentials and a lovely addition for her delivery bag and beyond.
X Large maternity pads x 10 – not too glamorous, but essential and quality matters. These maternity pads are specifically designed for post-natal use (hence the size).
What's in my box
Whilst your local support group or health visitor work with you to identify why, this Ardo Gold nipple cream will help soothe and protect your sore cracked nipples. It’s safe for your baby to ingest, lasts ages and this smaller size fits easily in the nappy bag. Winner.
Gold Cream is made of 100% pure Lanolin with no additives or preservatives. Gold Cream lanolin is a purely biological product, which has been developed into a premium quality cream derived from lanolin by means of a special extraction and purification process. It contains no additives or preservatives and has a characteristic glowing, golden-yellow colour.
Soften a pea-sized amount between fingers and apply to the entire nipple area after feeding or other problem area(s) as needed. Re-apply as often as necessary.
- 100% pure Lanolin Nipple Cream
- For dry, cracked, sensitive nipples
- Creates fast relief and is safe
- Hypoallergenic, practically odourless and tasteless Is absorbed naturally and does not need to be removed
- Protects and cares for the skin
- No need to remove before breastfeeding
Whatever type of birth you have, there is unlikely to be a time in your life when you are happier to wear some large comfy pants to cover you up to your belly button (especially C-sections) and make you feel fitted and secure. It’s also highly likely that you’ll seek comfort in and continue to wear them for the next few weeks, long after those disposable ones were binned.
Them being black is also very important.
So just pick your size when you add mybirthbox to your basket.
Size: Small (8-10), Medium (12-14), Large (16-18), X Large (20+)
Fibre Content: 100% Cotton
- Ladies 100% cotton plain black full maxi briefs * 3 pairs.
- Manufactured using a pure 100% cotton fabric for extra softness and a natural feel.
- A double 100% cotton gusset for added comfort and the waist band and legs are finished off with a soft elasticated lace trim.
They are specially designed for use after birth with extra length and width to prevent leakage as well as a uniquely high absorption capacity.
An absolute must have for your delivery day.
- Maternity Pad is composed of 4 layers:
- Layer 1: 100% pure cellulose fluff and absorbent layer, bleached with oxygen and without the use of chlorine
- Layer 2: Layer of cellulose paper 19grm/m2
- Layer 3: Up and down layers made up of 2 white sheets of non-woven 18grm/m2 paper
- Layer 4: Outside layer made from green, non-woven hydrophobic paper 28grm/m2 sealed with hotmelt
- Pack of 10 pads
- Ultra absorbent
- No lateral leaks
- Each pad measures 10 x 30cm x 22gm
There are a wide range of breast pads on the market, but the general consensus across our new mums was that Lansinoh breast pads are the best. They’re soft, secure, absorbent and generally “performed” a little better than others. Reassuringly this seems to be the consensus across mumsnet.com contributors, mama-milk.co.uk and breastfeedingneeds.com.
Only the best for your birth box.
Pack of 24 Disposable Nursing PadsLansinoh’s Disposable Nursing Pads are designed to be ultra-thin but also super-absorbent.The soft, stay-dry lining draws breast milk away from the skin and into the core of the pad where it is absorbed by a special honeycomb polymer to prevent leakage, while the breathable waterproof outer layer keeps your clothes dry.Two non-slip adhesive tapes keep the pad in place, and the contour creates a natural fit that will not show under clothing. What is more, this is the only polymer-style breast pad that keeps its shape when wet.Each pad comes individually wrapped for convenience and hygiene.Product Features:
- BPA and BPS free
- Discreet, naturally contoured shape
- Individually wrapped and disposable for hygiene
- Fits all breast sizes
- One-way moisture technology ensures that you stay dry day or night
- 2 non-slip adhesive tapes keep each pad in place
- Breathable waterproof outer layer keeps your clothing dry
- Soft and breathable inner layer for maximum comfort
They’re also in handy little travel sizes so you can pop them in your washbag without taking up too much space in your probably very full delivery bag.
This hair shampoo does more than just clean. Containing ingredients to condition the hair, to help resist split ends and damage, a ‘good hair day’ is exactly what you will have. Your hair will have added volume and be shiny, healthy and full of life. Your hair never felt so good.
Ingredients: Thyme, Bitter Orange, Basil, Peppermint, Guaiac, Coriander, Nutmeg
- Conditions & cleanses at the same time
- Prevents split ends and controls damage
- Thickens and adds volume
- Leaves hair soft & shiny
- Mediterranean plant extracts make it smell delicious
This conditioner reduces tangling, which eliminates the damage caused by combing out knots. Your hair will look and feel like a million dollars and if your hair does… you do too!
Ingredients: Vitamin B, Jojoba, Lavender, Eucalyptus oil, Geranium, Grapefruit, Grapeseed oil, Peppermint, Rosemary, Orange, Palmarosa
- Softens, shines, hydrates and thickens
- Nurses split ends and styling damage
- Reduces ‘fly aways’
- Peppermint, grapefruit and palmarosa refreshes the scalp
TWith natural plant extracts, antioxidants and a fusion of relaxing essential oils, this delicious formula will sink into the skin immediately and leave the skin ultra-smooth and settled.
Ingredients: Vitamin B, Lemon, Coriander, Nutmeg Lignum Vitae/Guaiacum
- Aromatherapy and skincare in one
- Gentle enough to use on hands and face
- Leaves skin soft and beautifully fragrant
- Detoxifies, purifies and cools
Let your imagination send you to exotic places as you apply this aromatic gel to your shower and bath. Formulated to cleanse, soften and soothe your skin whilst leaving it beautifully fragrant.
Ingredients: Thyme, Bitter Orange, Basil, Peppermint, Guaiac, Coriander, Nutmeg
- Gently cleanses, softens and soothes
- Aromatic, unisex fragrance
- Rich in botanicals
- Antiseptic, purifying, cooling and conditioning
It’s a wonderful natural therapy that is known to help calm you and we suggest putting a few drops in your bath or burning over a candle to create a calming atmosphere during the early stages of labour if you’re allowed, or if you’re planning a home birth. Massaging with well diluted lavender oil during labour has also been known to strengthen contractions.
If you’re one of the 1 in 4 British women whose labour concludes with a C-section, lavender oil can also be massaged into the scar when you are comfortable to do so and help break down the scar tissue.
100% Lavender oil extractAlways tell your midwife if you are using essential oils at home or during labour.
The handy little tube can also go in your nappy bag for the weeks that follow.
4mlThis super rich lip balm is packed full of natural plant extracts, vitamins and botanicals, will leave your lips sensationally soft and nourished. With a delicious sun-kissed, Mediterranean fruit flavour, you can kiss goodbye to dryness.Ingredients: Lemon, Lime oil, Thyme, Clary sage, Soya, Vitamin E, Bitter Orange, Green Tea, Lanolin, cardomom, galbanum, nutmeg
- Naturally softens and conditions lips
- No petrochemicals
- Soothing, anti-inflammatory and reduces irritation
- Natural formula
My 'Birth Box' was an absolute godsend. After leaving everything until the last minute I had all of my hospital essentials delivered in a beautiful box, saving me a two day shuffle around the shops with my huge bump in tow!- Lou, Manchester
My best friend
My best friend got me a birthbox a few weeks before I was due - it was so useful once my baby came. I used all of the products and it saved me having to buy everything individually.- Gabby, London
Everything I needed for my hospital bag sorted, even things I didn't know I needed but came in super useful on the day. I'll be buying this for my pregnant friends.- Jess - Tunbridge Wells
I loved giving this as a gift, the products were of such high quality and the packaging was really unique...I will definitely be using them again for all my mums to be.- Kate – Gloucestershire
Big pants are a must after birth and these ones were great! They fitted well and were comfortable even after my episiotomy. They worked well with the maternity towels which were really comfortable and stayed in place.- Steph, Southampton
LOVED my birth box
LOVED my birth box; I finally understood what I needed for labour and why! Got all my hospital bag bits in one go and had started using all of them before I’d even left the
hospital- Kathryn, Hertfordshire
I wanted to put a box together for my pregnant friend as my sister had done for me and this has it all. The note inside was a lovely touch.- Fern, Kenilworth